Dan Lear, Washington licensed attorney who does marketing and legal industry outreach for Avvo. Prior to Avvo, he practiced business law. In this podcast, Dan and Jeena talk about why Dan decided to leave the practice of law and how he transition into working for Avvo. We also talked about the future of the legal industry, and talk about the question “will lawyers be replaced by technology?”
Other topics we covered:
- New economy.
- Disruption in the legal profession.
- What law school doesn’t teach you in law school.
- Does risk aversion hurt lawyers?
- Professional development and finding your dream job.
Linked Mentioned in the Show: 😉
- A Whole New Mind, Dan Pink (Affiliate link)
- Dan Lear on Twitter @rightbrainlaw
- Moment App
- Teams & Leaders consulting
- Reinvent Law
- 2015 Report on the State of the Legal Market
- Casey Berman, Leave Law Behind